Broken Smile

She's a delicate flower
Her beauty hidden,
Intricately charming
Bewilderingly shrewd

Her mind was lost
In a field of unthought thoughts
And untaken decisions

She was beautiful in her confusion

                   *

Her heart was a minefield
Her smile, a scent of roses
She wore scarlet red lips
Coloring those who tasted them.

I relished her lips
Traced the layers of her skin
Unearthed the pathway to her heart
Or so I had thought..

                   *

My heart was numb
Ice aged by broken hopes
Distant memories of love
Delayed its atrophy.

Her fervent kindness
Kindled a fire
Slowly melting the ice
I cried for the love in her eyes.

                   *

I find myself lost
Trying to let her be free
Yet without her
My smile is incomplete.

My heart is awoken
Smile soundly asleep,
Is this our time to love,
Or it's not what it was meant to be?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visitor count

The sound