The day I die

I never thought it would come so soon.
On a cold autumn night
the sky seemed so wild,
the moon so vivid and alive..

Silence shredded into tears
mourned by silent thoughts and prayers.
I lay there motionless
as if no one bothers or cares.

Shifting sounds of dispair,
shouting out love and pain.
Anger towards a tormented life
torn apart in the depth of the night.

Faces race by, eyes are numb
as if they froze to death,
unanimously whispering a taunt.

Clusters of memories
broken into a thousand pieces.
In a split second,
they all turned into blisters.

Carbon-decomposed remnants of life,
a pulse long forgotten, fading underground.
A haunting smile, a forsaken thought
put aside the love, mistaken for a plot.

The day I die I realize
the meaning of true love.
Something I have learned as a child,
but I already forgot.

2011/10/26




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visitor count

The sound